“Art brings me to a peaceful and happy space. It calms and grounds me”.
Tanja’s work depicts the symbiotic relationship between man and nature in a contemporary style.
After leaving the tourism industry Tanja turned to art full time, switching from her previous mediums of oils and acrylics to watercolours, ink and pen. Tanja draws her inspiration from the natural world coupled with interesting vases. She is always on the hunt for new vases, interesting branches and flowers.
Aiming to evoke a relaxing fresh atmosphere with her works, Tanja creates a balance between realism and abstraction allowing the subject to breath onto the canvas. She is currently based in George, South Africa and is passionate in promoting The Garden Route as an Art Tourist Destination and is part of many art associations.
“My rules with every new painting are: Keep it fresh, Let the subject breath on paper, Remember the magic of the medium.”
• 2022 – Knysna Oyster Festival
• 2021 – Evoking Art Experience – Evoking 2.0 Heritage Edition at Timberlake Organic Village
• 2021 – Art Exhibition with South Cape Visual Art Association at George Museum
• 2021 – Wilderness Art Festival with the Wilderness Art Association
• 2021 – Art on the Farm at Redberry Farm with Art is Us Artist Group
• 2021 – Solo Artist at Nina’s Wine Festival at Nina’s Restaurant
• 2021 – Art in the park with Knysna Art Association at Blackwater River Lodge
• 2021 – She received Honourable Mentions for her artworks in WASA International Water Media Competition Expressions of Hope.
• 2021 – Honourable Mention by The Southern Cape Association of Art.
• 2021 – Runner up: Hide and Seek – The Art of Lockdown in the South African Artist Magazine issue no. 64
• Won special merit at Annual Southern Cape Association of Visual Arts.